Saturday, July 25, 2020

Picture This

Eight chapters in ... I hope that you hearty souls who have taken a chance and have read each of the chapters I have posted every day are enjoying what you are reading.

Now I have a favor to ask of you, something that I have been thinking about for a while and something that could be a lot of fun to do.

"Rat Face" is very visual, because quite frankly, I am a visual type of person. Pictures are paramount to me, and what I see in my mind, I am able to transfer to paper--or electronically--and that is the way that my mind works.

Since the novel is so visual, I think that I need some drawings to go with it--some visuals to go with the words.

Are there any artists out there? Would any of you like to try your hand at drawing some pictures to ramp up the story that I am trying to tell?

The novel runs for 40 chapters, so we are only 20 percent into it right now.

As I figure it, the novel needs about 12 drawings or so.

They can be in black and white or color, whatever suits your style.

Once completed, I can't really offer you anything but this: if the novel gets picked up by anyone, and I choose your drawings, those drawings will be used by me in the production of the story--if I have my way.

Publishing companies are funny, and they might decide that they like the story, but they don't like the pictures. They might also decide that they like the pictures, but don't like the story.

So if your pictures are used, I cannot pay you anything, but you will certainly get a credit right under mine as an author.

This might be a wonderful way to get your foot in the door as an illustrator, so people, if you have kids at home who are artistic this could be a good way to help them out as I go through my journey of trying to get this thing published.

Again, there are no guarantees, no payment in any way, and it is my choice as to whether the art is used or not used, at least at this starting point that I am at in trying to get this novel published.

Think about it, and please contact me at Feacebook message if you have any ideas.

Thanks ... and read on!

Abraham Lincoln Panim would be proud, but please, stay away from the cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment